The web platform of the Erasmus+ THE VALUE OF FACING SCHOOL, co-funded by the European Union, is now available (www.facingschool.eu). The aim of the project is to:
- Help students with rare diseases to achieve educational success.
- Promote schools able to offer a high-quality blended learning.
- Facilitate synergies between family, medical experts and school teachers.
- Facilitate de digitalization of education to make it more inclusive.
- Promote social awareness on rare diseases and the need to contribute to their research.
The partnership of the project, with entities from Spain, France, Italy and Portugal, has developed two intellectual outputs to help teachers, families and students achieve these goals:
- The METHODOLOGICAL GUIDE provides information, guidelines, curricular adaptations, and evaluation mechanisms adapted to the reality of the students.
- The OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES are a set of digital educational materials to facilitate the teaching action of educators and support parents when their children must access blended learning.
In the following weeks, we will start posting testimonies and stories of people affected by rare diseases during their school years. This will allow us to raise awareness about the obstacles and barriers these people must overcome in the classroom.
Follow us on social media and don’t miss anything!