ERASMUS+ THE VALUE OF FACING SCHOOL
Fundación Isabel Gemio coordinates the Erasmus+ ‘THE VALUE OF FACING SCHOOL: THE INCLUSION OF YOUTH WITH NEUROMUSCULAR DISEASES, MUSCULAR DYSTROPHIES AND OTHER RARE DISEASES IN EDUCATION’ with the following partners:
- Universidade de Évora (Portugal), a center for the creation, transmission and diffusion of culture, science and technology, which, through the articulation of study, teaching and research, is integrated into the life of society.
- Fondation Maladies Rares (France), which has the French legal status of “Scientific Cooperation Foundation”, a private non-profit legal person, promotes research projects and scientific excellence, as well as the sharing and dissemination of knowledge in the field of rare diseases.
- Federación Española de Enfermedades Neuromusculares (Spain), a non-governmental organization that brings together associations and foundations for neuromuscular diseases. It currently represents more than 60,000 people affected throughout Spain.
- Parent Project per la Ricerca sulla Distrofa Muscolare (Italy), an association of patients and parents with children affected by Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy.
- Uniamo Federazione Italiana Malattie Rare (Italy), the representative body of the community of people with rare diseases. It has over 150 member associations, which are constantly growing.
- C.E.I.P. Clara Campoamor de Málaga (Spain), an early age and primary public school of bilingual education that uses research, experimentation and educational innovation as a fundamental element of teaching practice.
The main objective of the project THE VALUE OF FACING SCHOOL is to create a partnership for cooperation, improving the quality of the work, activities and practices of the organizations and institutions involved. Besides, it should develop the capacity of the organizations to work transnationally and across different sectors, to address common priorities and needs, and to make a change in educational methods to students with muscular dystrophies.